About Me

My photo
As I am currently studying Creative Writing at university, I basically wanted to use this blog to display some of my work and see what response I get. I'm hoping to display as much variety of writing as I possibly can and I happily welcome criticism, as long as it is constructive (not just abusive). Please enjoy, Laura l'écrivain.

Saturday 5 February 2011

Sheffield's Panorama

Ashen landscapes form the backdrop

to the fog-drenched city.

One blow and it's dust.

Late night taxis swirl

like Saturn's belt -

piercing the canvas.


A sense of urgency,

in the engine's hum,

provides the bass

for the metropolitan musical.

The TransPennine's thrum from Meadowhall

offers the lo-snare.



A collective tap of heels

where neon lights flicker

over grim iron doors,

transfers

tonight's promotions

to varnished pavements.


Light strikes

upon night's result

and casts shadows to their corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment