About Me

My photo
As I am currently studying Creative Writing at university, I basically wanted to use this blog to display some of my work and see what response I get. I'm hoping to display as much variety of writing as I possibly can and I happily welcome criticism, as long as it is constructive (not just abusive). Please enjoy, Laura l'écrivain.

Friday 28 January 2011

Comfort's cliff


At the edge of Comfort’s cliff
I see him.
Unlike ones before,
this one is new, fresh, unscathed.
He does not know of love or its poison Ivy.
His youthful body cages no creaking soul,
nor murmurs painful memories -
just innocence -
which dances around his doodled limbs.
Yes, him
who has tied himself to an unfastened rope
with all intentions of throwing himself off.
Him
who has laid himself down
on hot coal; determined
he can handle her in all her rage.
Her blackened soul pangs
from an older life,
throbbing under the crumbling ash
of a painful memory.
She knows of love and its poison Ivy.
Her aging body cages a creaking soul,
which moans of aching sorrow
and drags her towards the edge.
But there he stands;
new, fresh, unscathed
and she sees him through surrendering eyes
as he holds the rope
with all intentions of saving her from
comfort’s cliff.

No comments:

Post a Comment