About Me

My photo
As I am currently studying Creative Writing at university, I basically wanted to use this blog to display some of my work and see what response I get. I'm hoping to display as much variety of writing as I possibly can and I happily welcome criticism, as long as it is constructive (not just abusive). Please enjoy, Laura l'écrivain.

Friday 28 January 2011

Streams of consciousness

I.
Bags and boxes packed
in a seven-seat taxi.
It’s time to go home.

II.
The moon sulks with me –
too overcast for stars, so
we’re alone tonight.

III.
We all love drama.
This is why we find ourselves
slamming doors in rage.

IV.
A second of doubt,
as the spinning top wobbles.
Is it just a dream?

V.
“Watch your step, my girl.
It’s a long way down from there
and you’re alone now.”

VI.
Are cracks in pavements
the result of angered girls
wearing stilettos?

It’s a possibility
I think you should consider.

No comments:

Post a Comment