About Me

My photo
As I am currently studying Creative Writing at university, I basically wanted to use this blog to display some of my work and see what response I get. I'm hoping to display as much variety of writing as I possibly can and I happily welcome criticism, as long as it is constructive (not just abusive). Please enjoy, Laura l'écrivain.

Friday 28 January 2011

Earth's Effect

It’s here I consider my worth in this world,                                                                          
                as I sink my feet into ancient paste which swallows me whole and makes nothing of it.
It’s here I can’t leave a mark at all;
                every footprint eroded and every skimmed stone bedded where I found it in the first place.
It’s here I glower into Sky’s fiery eye
which blinds my sight with its superlative blaze, but cannot see its pitiful victim.                
and it’s here I am as dust is to the wind; insignificant friction amid nature’s drift.

No comments:

Post a Comment